Family






Family... kinsfolk, kin, one's own flesh and blood, nearest and dearest, people, connections, clan, tribe, folks, kindred are just a few words that come to mind when I hear the word family! Ever so often I meet someone with a kindred spirit and this family is one that has a place in my heart! When I first received a message from Amanda asking me about taking family photos I was excited. She also shared with me that all her mother wanted for Mother's Day was pictures! The morning of the shoot was another long day with our skies filled with dense smoke. Much of our beautiful Texas landscape continued to burn out of control. The wind was high and the Texas dirt blew with no mercy out on the ranch. Attitudes were in check! Two great outfits had been planned and in spite of the weather conditions we forged ahead. I don't think anyone of us would have been dampened in spirit had rain came too. We captured a few shots that will be special to this family for years to come! And may I just say that the beautiful horse pictured to the right was just an innocent bystander and was begging to have his photo made too! And you wondered how I got Hoss to smile!? Well now you know! ...Having someplace to go is home. Having someone to love is family, having both is a blessing.























I suppose a great secret to capturing Dad in the photos is to allow him to be in his comfort zone! Hoss was certainly in his element, his horse was even a good sport for pictures! I love the great outdoors for pictures but even I wasn't too sure about how this shoot would go because of the elements we had facing us. Sometimes life is just busy and as our families continue to grow it is important to carve out a few moments and just make it happen. This family had all put their heads together, their schedules together and made it happen so mom would have a fabulous picture album for Mother's Day! Hats off to all of you for making it special....all of your smiles were priceless! Not for one second was there ever even the slightest hint that they would rather be anywhere else... Thanks again for asking me to be part of this special occasion and allowing me to capture just a few moments in your life as a family! Happy Mother's Day Kathy! God bless each and everyone!



























©Images by Teresa

Comments

Popular Posts